The Ottawa 10K is an IAAF Silver Label event that attracts one of the world’s best fields of elite runners as well as thousands of participants from across the National Capital Region.
Starting at Ottawa’s City Hall, the course takes runners down the famous Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and by the tulips of Dow’s Lake before heading across the Pretoria Bridge to an exciting finish in front of tons of cheering spectators.
Fast, scenic, packed with Ottawans out to cheer on what is usually a beautiful spring evening, and featuring an all-star elite field, the 10K is the rock concert of the Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend. In 2014, it was even followed by an actual rock concert at City Hall.
Register early and get ready for a serious running party!
- The race is open to all runners and walkers.
- This event has a wave start with each corral sent off approximately every two minutes.
- There are no strollers allowed in this event.
- Kilometre markers along the entire route
- Cheering stations on the 10K route
- Toilets at every water station
- Full medical services on the route and at the finish line
- There are three water stations set up with tables on both sides of the road.
- Male: Wilson Kiprop (Ethiopia) – 28:00
- Female: Mary Keitany (Kenya) – 31:21
- Male (2009): Deriba Merga (Ethiopia) – 27:24
- Female (2014): Mary Keitany (Kenya) – 31:21
Date and Start Time
Saturday, May 23, 2015
|10K Entry (+ processing and HST)||$50||$55|