The Ottawa 10K is the only IAAF Gold Label event in Canada and one of only four IAAF Gold Label 10K events in the world. The Ottawa 10K attracts one of the world’s best fields of elite runners as well as thousands of participants from across the National Capital Region.
Starting at Ottawa’s City Hall, the course takes runners down the famous Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and by the tulips of Dow’s Lake before heading across the Pretoria Bridge to an exciting finish in front of tons of cheering spectators.
Fast, scenic, packed with Ottawans out to cheer on what is usually a beautiful spring evening, and featuring an all-star elite field, the 10K is the rock concert of the Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend. In 2014, it was even followed by an actual rock concert at City Hall.
Register early and get ready for a serious running party!
- This event has a wave start with each corral sent off approximately every two minutes – Start Line Information.
- There are no strollers allowed in this event.
- This race is broadcast live on TV and online.
- Kilometre markers along the entire route
- Cheering stations on the 10K route
- Toilets at every water station
- Full medical services on the route and at the finish line
- There are three water stations set up with tables on both sides of the road.
- Male: Nicholas Bor (Kenya) – 27:55
- Female: Gladys Cherono (Kenya) – 30:55
- Male (2009): Deriba Merga (Ethiopia) – 27:24
- Female (2015): Gladys Cherono (Kenya) – 30:55
Date and Start Time
May 28, 2016
|10K Entry (+ processing and HST)||$55||$60|
2015 Ottawa 10K Overall Prize (Male & Female) – US Dollars
- 1st Place – $8,000
- 2nd Place – $4,000
- 3rd Place – $2,000
- 4th Place – $1,000
- 5th Place – $800
- 6th Place – $700
- 7th Place – $600
- 8th Place – $500
- 9th Place – $300
- 10th Place – $200
Please refer to Awards and Prizes for more details.
Visit our volunteering page for more information about volunteering opportunities and volunteer contact information.