Ottawa Half Marathon presented by DesjardinsREGISTER
Every year, the Ottawa Half Marathon presented by Desjardins is the weekend’s biggest field and fastest sell-out.
The course is fast and relatively flat, making it great for personal bests and runners trying the distance for the first time. It’s also beautiful, taking runners past historic landmarks, through vibrant neighbourhoods and back and forth across the Ottawa River and through the province of Quebec.
Best of all, the half marathon boasts an unbeatable atmosphere of enthusiastic spectators and volunteers.
Date: Sunday, May 28, 2023
Time: 9:00 am ET
Location: Ottawa City Hall
110 Laurier Ave W, Ottawa, Ontario
Detailed, interactive maps to come shortly.
Current event pricing:
$120.00 CAD + applicable fee + hst
In-person, virtual and Green Bib options available
20% off for youth (3-18 years of age)
0-2 years of age are free
Please note: strollers are not allowed on course
New Expo location for 2023!
1000 Exhibition Way
Hours of Operation:
- Friday, May 26, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Saturday, May 27, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Included in your 2023 registration:
- A commemorative 2023 Finisher medal
- A personalized race bib (register before May 1, 2023)
- A commemorative, reusable drawstring bag
- Free premium upgrade of Runkeeper to Runkeeper GO, which includes access to customizable training plans.
- Nuun on course
- Xact Nutrition on course at 9.5K in a mix of strawberry, apricot and orange flavours
- Timing by Sportstats
- A post-race beer from Kichesippi Beer co.
- Post-race recovery food
- Virtual option available
- Commemorative t-shirts by Surge Activewear are available for purchase during registration.
- Photography and videography available for purchase.
Run Ottawa is offering a Green Bib option at registration for those wishing to reduce their environmental footprint. In lieu of a medal or any mailed amenities, you can choose to divert part of your registration fee to the Green Bib fund which supports the Desjardins Charity Challenge.
- Kilometre markers along the entire route.
- Water/Nuun stations are set up approximately every 3K. Nuun is served at the first tables of each station, and water at the following tables.
- An Xact Nutrition station is located before the water stations at 11K.
- Cooling and misting stations available on-course.
- Portable toilets at every water station.
- Cheering and entertainment stations.
- Full medical services on the route and at the finish line.
Hotel Information & Reservations
Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend has partnered with several hotels to secure the best pricing for your stay in Ottawa. You can book now or through the confirmation page after your race registration has been completed. Details, including cancellation policies, are available with each hotel listing.
For answers to your Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) please visit the Registration Information page.