Every year, over 2,000 volunteers come together to make Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend happen. From handing out race kits before the race starts to making sure runners stay hydrated on course to congratulating participants with medals at the finish, the work of volunteers brings Canada’s biggest running weekend to life.
Some of the people and groups who volunteer with Run Ottawa every year include:
- Runners looking to give back and experience a different side of running events
- Members of the community who want to take part in the excitement
- Groups who come together to volunteer and raise money for charities
- School groups taking part in the activity as a fun event
- Students accumulating volunteer hours
Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend has a wide range of event services to assist our participants to get from the start to the finish line. You can choose to volunteer for any of the following areas:
- Race Kit Pickup
- Start Line
- Finish Line
- Water Stations
- Baggage Check
- Route Security
- Information Booth
- Recovery and Refuelling
- Green Team
- Post-event Management
Shifts are available on a first-come, first-served basis. All volunteers will receive an official 2022 TORW hat and shirt. We encourage groups to sign up and offer schools transportation to the area and return trips. All Provincial COVID-19 mandates will be in place.
If you would like additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.