Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon
**All information and race notes are subject to change.**
The Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon is Canada’s largest and fastest marathon. One of two World Athletics Gold Label marathon events in Canada, the race attracts thousands of participants, including a world-class contingent of pro athletes every year. The Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon is one of Canada’s largest Boston Qualifiers.
Date and Time
Date: May 24, 2020
Start time: 7:00 a.m.
Start location: Laurier and Elgin
- Boston Marathon Qualifier
- The race is open to all runners and walkers.
- This event has a wave start with each corral sent off approximately every two minutes.
- Water stations every approximately 3KMs and Xact Nutrition Stations at 14K and 26K.
- Misting stations at every water station.
- Toilets at every water station.
- Sponge stations at 16K, 25K and 36K.
- Full medical services on the route and at the finish line.
- There are no strollers allowed in this event.
- There is a time limit of 7 hours in this event.
- This race is broadcast live on TV and online.
- Male: Albert Korir (Kenya) – 2:08:03
- Female: Tigist Girma (Ethiopia) – 2:26:34
- Male (2014): Yemane Tsegay (Ethiopia) — 2:06:54
- Female (2018): Gelete Burka (Ethiopia) — 2:22:17
Please refer to Awards and Prizes for more details.
Visit our volunteering page for more information about volunteering opportunities and volunteer contact information.