Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon
Welcome to Canada’s largest and fastest marathon: the Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon.
As one of two IAAF Gold Label marathon events in Canada, the race attracts Canada’s largest marathon field (7,000 participants) as well as a world-class contingent of pro athletes every year.
Featuring the beautiful scenery of Canada’s capital, the top-notch organization of an IAAF event, the atmosphere of hundreds of thousands of spectators, and a fast course perfect both for personal bests and first-timers, this is a world-class marathon that must be experienced. The Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon is also one of Canada’s largest Boston Qualifiers.
Date and Time
Date: May 28, 2017
Start time: 7:00 a.m.
Regular Marathon Entry: $105
Run Ottawa Members: $95
Find out about the benefits of becoming a Run Ottawa Member.
- Boston Marathon Qualifier
- The race is open to all runners and walkers.
- This event has a wave start with each corral sent off approximately every two minutes – Start Line Information.
- There are no strollers allowed in this event.
- This race is broadcast live on TV and online.
- Kilometre markers along the entire route
- Cheering and entertainment stations on the marathon route
- Toilets at every water station
- Full medical services on the route and at the finish line
- Water/Nuun stations are set up approximately every 3K for the marathon. Nuun (Lemon-Lime and Tri-Berry flavours) is served at the first tables of each station, and water at the following tables
- Stations are set up with tables on both sides of the road (except at 33K)
- PowerGel Stations are located before the water stations at 20K and 32K
- Sponge stations are located at 16K, 25K and 36K
- Male: Dino Sefir (Ethiopia) – 2:08:14
- Female: Koren Jelela (Ethiopia) – 2:27:06
- Male (2014): Yemane Tsegay (Ethiopia) – 2:06:54
- Female (2014): Tigist Tufa (Ethiopia) – 2:24:31
Please refer to Awards and Prizes for more details.
Visit our volunteering page for more information about volunteering opportunities and volunteer contact information.