The Ottawa 10K is the only IAAF Gold Label 10K event in Canada and one of only four IAAF Gold Label 10Ks in the world. The Ottawa 10K attracts one of the world’s best fields of elite runners as well as thousands of participants from across the National Capital Region. The race is also home to the Canadian 10K Championships.
Starting at Ottawa’s City Hall, the course takes runners down the famous Rideau Canal and by the tulips of Dow’s Lake before heading across the Pretoria Bridge to an exciting finish in front of thousands of cheering spectators.
Date and Time
Date: May 27, 2017
Race start: 6:30 p.m.
Regular 10K Entry – $60
Run Ottawa Members – $50
Children under 18 – $35
Find out about the benefits of becoming a Run Ottawa Member.
- This event has a wave start with each corral sent off approximately every two minutes – Start Line Information.
- There are no strollers allowed in this event.
- This race is broadcast live on TV and online.
- Kilometre markers along the entire route
- Cheering stations on the 10K route
- Toilets at every water station
- Full medical services on the route and at the finish line
- There are three water stations set up with tables on both sides of the road.
- Male: Yitayal Atnafu (Ethiopia) – 28:36
- Female: Peres Jepchirchir (Kenya) – 31:28
- Male (2009): Deriba Merga (Ethiopia) – 27:24
- Female (2015): Gladys Cherono (Kenya) – 30:55
Please refer to Awards and Prizes for more details.
Visit our volunteering page for more information about volunteering opportunities and volunteer contact information.