Scotiabank Ottawa Half Marathon
Every year, the Scotiabank Ottawa Half-Marathon is the weekend’s biggest field and fastest sell-out.
The course is fast and relatively flat, making it great for personal bests and runners trying the distance for the first time. It’s also beautiful, taking runners past historic landmarks, through vibrant neighbourhoods and back and forth across the Ottawa river through the province of Quebec.
Best of all, the half-marathon boasts an unbeatable atmosphere with throngs of runners matched by the enthusiasm of spectators and volunteers.
Date and Time
Date: May 28, 2017
Race start: 9:00 a.m.
Regular Half-Marathon Entry – $85
Run Ottawa Members – $75
Children under 18 – $35
Find out about the benefits of becoming a Run Ottawa Member.
- This event has a wave start with each corral sent off approximately every two minutes – Start Line Information.
- There are no strollers allowed in this event.
- This race is broadcast live on TV and online.
- Kilometre markers along the entire route
- Cheering and entertainment stations on the half marathon route
- Toilets at every water station
- Full medical services on the route and at the finish line
- Water/Nuun stations are set up approximately every 3K. Nuun (Lemon-Lime and Tri-Berry) is served at the first tables of each station, and water at the following tables
- A PowerGel Station is located before the water stations at 11K
- A sponge station is located just after the water stations at 16K
The start line is at the intersection of Elgin Street and Laurier Avenue.
Visit our volunteering page for more information about volunteering opportunities and volunteer contact information.