Mad Radish Protein Patties
Recipe created by Mad Radish’s Nigel Finley
- One medium onion, diced (approx. 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 1/4 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, ground
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 25 ml soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground fennel seed
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp sumac
- 1/2 cup corn kernals, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat canola oil in a pan over medium heat and add onion and garlic until softened. Add baby spinach to the pan to wilt.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients but the flax seeds, corn and 1/2 the lentils, and pulse until evenly combined.
- Fold in the flax seeds, corn and remaining lentils.
- Shape mixture into patties and bake or fry until golden brown on each side. Enjoy!