Vegan Enchiladas: A healthy dinner perfect for meatless Mondays!
These vegan enchiladas are easy to make and delicious! They are packed with cauliflower which contains vitamin C, antioxidants, electrolytes and folate. A great dish to keep in your weekly menu as folate helps convert carbs into energy and electrolytes regulate muscle contraction and helps to balance the fluids in your body.
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1.5 cups of black beans (canned, or soaked and ready to use)
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- Cumin and/or chilli powder to taste (optional)
- Salsa (homemade or store bought)
- 2 cups vegan cheese
- 1 package of whole wheat tortillas
- Sauté the cauliflower together with onion in a pan until fully cooked.
- Add cauliflower and onion into a food processor along with black beans, a large handful of cilantro, tomato paste, garlic and cumin and/or chili powder.
- Blend until smooth.
- Scoop mixture from food processor into middle of each tortilla.
- Roll up each tortilla and place into a baking dish until all the enchiladas are lined up together and covering the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle vegan cheese over top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Top with salsa.
You can always put your own spin on this meal too! Add guacamole, vegan enchilada sauce, vegan sour cream, or substitute gluten free tortillas to customise it to your liking. Enjoy!