Pomegranate Quinoa Curry Salad
This is one of my favourite pomegranate recipes because it perfectly marries the sweetness of pomegranate, the spice of curry and the earthiness of quinoa. PLUS you get more antioxidants than a cup of green tea!
Why antioxidants? Antioxidants help to decrease the risk of heart disease and reduce the signs of aging. Pomegranates alone are high in antioxidants with three times more than are found in green tea or red wine.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of fresh, chopped parsley
- 1 cup of fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tablespoon each of olive oil and fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon each of curry powder, sea salt, and fresh black pepper.
- Add ingredients together in a bowl.
- Toss and serve.
Smart Pomegranate Hack
If you’ve ever eaten a pomegranate before, you’ll know that slicing them open to get at the seeds can be a bit of a challenge. Here’s a kitchen hack to easily clean pomegranates.
What you’ll need:
- Fresh pomegranate
- Large knife
- Large bowl
How it’s done:
- Fill a large bowl with water.
- Cut the pomegranate in half and immerse it IN the water.
- Pull off the thick outer skin and peel back the thin white skin, gently nudging out the seeds.
- Skim the bitter skin off the top then drain the water from the bowl by pouring it into the colander. You’ll be left with your perfect crimson pomegranate seeds!
Recipe by Kathy Smart, HTC, PTS, RNC, RSNA, RNCP, FIS, FKI is the founder and CEO of Live The Smart Way™ and Live The Smart Way Expo™. Save the DATE! Live The Smart Way Expo is taking place in Ottawa, Ontario on May 9th and 10th, 2020 at the RA Centre and June 2020 in Halifax, Nova Scotia!