Scotiabank Ottawa Half-Marathon
Sunday, May 25, 2014 - 9:00AM
The half marathon features a fast, scenic route with few elevation changes and travels through some of Ottawa's most vibrant neighbourhoods and popular landmarks. A unique course that travels through two Canadian provinces. The half marathon will feature 3 wave starts:
- Wave 1 will start at 9:00 a.m. for the blue and orange corrals.
- Wave 2 will start at 9:15 a.m. for the yellow and green corrals.
- Wave 3 will start at 9:30 a.m for the purple and red corrals.
The race start is at the intersection of Laurier Avenue/Elgin Street.
The course will have:
- Kilometre markers along the entire route
- Cheering and entertainment stations
- Toilets at every water station
- Full medical services
- Water stations can be found here
- No Strollers are allowed in the Half Marathon
Please click here to view the map
- Start at the corner of Elgin and Laurier and head south on Elgin to Queen Elizabeth;
- Right on Queen Elizabeth down to Preston; Turn right on Preston down to Carling;
- Turn left on Carling and continue to Sherwood; Right on Sherwood to Fairmont;
- Turn right on Fairmont and continue to West Wellington; Left onto West Wellington;
- Continue on West Wellington to Island Park; Turn right onto Island Park;
- North on Island Park to Scott; Right on Scott and continue to Frederick Banting
- Left on Frederick Banting to Columbine; turn right on Columbine down to Parkdale;
- Left on Parkdale and right onto Sir John A. Parkway and continue to Booth;
- Left on Booth, over the Chaudiere Bridge into Gatineau to Alexandre Tache;
- Left on Alexandre Tache to Montcalm and right on Montcalm to Wellington;
- Right on Wellington to Laval. Left on Laval to Hotel de Ville;
- Right on Hotel de Ville and down to Laurier;
- Left on Laurier past the Museum of Civilization and then a right turn onto Alexandra Bridge;
- Cross Alexandra Bridge back into Ottawa and continue on St. Patrick to McKenzie;
- Turn right on McKenzie, past the rear of the U.S. Embassy and continue to Rideau;
- Cross Rideau onto Colonel By;
- Continue on Col. By to Hawthorne; Right on Hawthorne over Pretoria Bridge;
- Turn right onto Queen Elizabeth down to the finish just north of Somerset;
Course Fly Over
Please note that this years course is the same as last year.