Tamarack Homes Ottawa Race Weekend news conference
Elite runners, organizers and fundraisers available to media
MAY 23, 2012 – OTTAWA – Media are invited to meet select elite athletes, organizers and representatives of official charities at a news conference to kick off the 2012 Tamarack Homes Ottawa Race Weekend.
Date: Friday, May 25, 2012
Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Pfizer Health and Fitness Expo, Ottawa Convention Centre, Booth 934
– John Halvorsen, Chair, Run Ottawa
– Jim Robinson, Race Director and President, Tamarack Homes Ottawa Race Weekend
– Manny Rodrigues, Elite Athlete Coordinator, Run Ottawa
– Several elite runners (subject to change), including: Geoffrey Mutai, Tadese Tola, Eric Gillis, Mohamed El Hachimi, Wesley Korir, Alemitu Abera, Samira Raif, Lindsey Scherf, Laban Moiben, Moses Kigen, Rejean Chiasson, Negari Terfa, Julius Karinga, Leonard Mucheru, Hillary Kamaiyo, Teyba Erkesso, Yeshi Esayias, Ruth Wanjiru.
– Steven Hogue, Associate Director, Pfizer Canada
– Michelle van Vliet, Director of Communications and Marketing, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation, accompanied by runner Marc Bellefeuille.
– Janet Perkins, Campaign Coordinator, Team in Training
– Tosha Rhodenizer, Vice President, Health, Wellness and Family Engagement. YMCA
– Rebecca Taylor and Robert Muir, Team Diabetes, Canadian Diabetes Association
– Leanne Anderson, Community Director, Ottawa Chapter, MS Society of Canada and runner Tarah Hodgkinson
Lunch will be served beginning at 12 p.m.