Saturday 5K and Kids 1K series presented by Sports4
The Saturday 5K and Free Kids 1K series presented by Sports4 is back for 2020!
These fun, community events bring out runners of all ages and abilities—and offer the option to test your speed or go for a casual run with friends on the roads and pathways of Ottawa’s Central Experimental Farm.
For each event, Run Ottawa partners with a different local charity—and half of your registration fee goes to the designated event partner. Together in 2019, we raised over $3,000 for local charities!
New for 2020! There are no registration processing fees associated with these events, making this series even more fun and affordable!
Thank you to Canada Agriculture and Food Museum for allowing us the use of their facilities. Visit the Museum’s website to learn more about its exhibits and great programs.
- 2020 dates and charities
- May 2: Kids Up Front Ottawa
- August 1: Charity TBD
- September 5: Charity TBD
- October 3: Charity TBD
- Start times:
- Kids Run Ottawa Free 1K: 8:30 a.m.
- Saturday 5K: 9:00 a.m.
- Location: Canada Agriculture and Food Museum, Building 95 (located next to the big green barn on NCC Scenic Driveway)
- Route: Two-loop course on the roads of the Central Experimental Farm.
- These races are self-timed, aided by a digital clock at the finish line.
- Water and nuun are available on-site.
- Washrooms are available inside Building 95
- Free parking is available north of the NCC Scenic Driveway—look for the Run Ottawa parking signs.
- All medical services for these events are provided by St. John Ambulance.
JOIN RUN OTTAWA!
Receive an immediate $5 off the event fees by joining Run Ottawa! See the complete list of benefits!
KIDS RUN OTTAWA SERIES
Kids Run Ottawa features a series of free and affordable kids’ runs throughout the year. Please visit Kids Run Ottawa to learn more about our program and events designed for young runners 6-12 years.
This two loop race course makes it not suitable for wheelchair racing but may be suitable for some recreational participants. Please contact us for more information.
Volunteers are always welcome! You can assist in the set-up and teardown of the course, and still participate in the race. Please use this form below to sign-up to volunteer!