Zucchini Banana Bread
Recipe by Kristin Paterson, Otto’s Ottawa Power Crew 2022 member
This zucchini banana bread is not only a delicious breakfast treat, but it is also a great post-run snack! Zucchinis have many health benefits and are loaded with antioxidants, they can reduce blood sugar levels, improve heart and bone health and reduce inflammation. Choosing to add some mini dark chocolate chips will not only make this zucchini banana bread a little extra special, it will also increase its antioxidant content too!
- mash 2 bananas
- 1/3 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups oat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 3 tbs chia seeds & hemp hearts (optional but great for protein and healthy fats)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips (Optional, but sooo good!!)
- Mix wet and dry ingredients separately.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Option to add a couple tablespoons of chocolate chips on top.
- Line loaf pan with parchment.
- Fill the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes.