Virtual Canadian 10K Championships 2020
The 2020 Tamarack Ottawa Virtual Race Weekend and Athletics Canada are excited to announce the inception of the Virtual Canadian 10K Championships in support of the dedication and commitment of elite athletes across Canada. This year, organizers are inviting elites to compete virtually in the Ottawa 10K and are offering the following incentives to do so:
Top 5 men and women (Canadian citizens only) will each receive the following prize money:
In addition, top 5 men and women choose a charity from the Scotiabank Charity Challenge Program, and Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend will donate on behalf of each of the winners:
Prize money for the Ottawa 10K is available only to athletes who pre-register for the race through the elite athlete application form. Athletes who register through open registration will not be eligible.
Canadian Elite Athlete Status
Canadian elite athletes must meet the athletic standards outlined below to be eligible for elite athlete status. Both Elite A and Elite B Standards receive a complimentary entry.
|10K Qualifier||Elite A Standard||Elite B Standard||Notes|
|MEN||5K||sub 14:25||sub 15:30||Must have run the standard since May 26, 2019|
|10K||sub 29:45||sub 32:30||Must have run the standard since May 26, 2019|
|WOMEN||5K||sub 16:30||sub 19:00||Must have run the standard since May 26, 2019|
|10K||sub 34:00||sub 40:00||Must have run the standard since May 26, 2019|
- Date: Canada Day, Wednesday, July 1.
- Time: 6:00 am – 6:00 pm (local time). Runners have a 12-hour window to complete their run.
- Participants choose their own course. Selected courses must be out and back.
- Race must be recorded on a GPS device that will generate a GPX file. Only ‘Elapsed time’ will be counted.
- Participants must have an accompanying person on a bike/or other vehicle that also tracks GPS and records a minimum of 5 minutes of video throughout the run;
- Participants have a 90-minute window from the completion of their race to upload the GPX data to Sportstats (link to be provided post-registration).