Tamarack Ottawa Virtual Race Weekend waiver
ACKNOWLEDGMENT, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, and RELEASE of LIABILITY
In consideration of Run Ottawa accepting my entry in this virtual running event (hereinafter “the Event”), I, the below undersigned, intending to be legally bound, for myself, my heirs, my executors and administrators, agree as follows:
AS A CONDITION of my participation in the Event, I ASSUME ALL RISK of personal injury, death, or property loss resulting from any cause whatsoever, including, but not limited to, the negligence, gross negligence, breach of contract or breach of statutory duty of care on the part of Run Ottawa, it’s employees, volunteers, organizers, contractors, associates, representatives, sponsors, successors and assigns (collectively the “Run Ottawa Group”).
I AGREE that the Run Ottawa Group shall NOT BE LIABLE for any such personal injury, death or property loss as a result of my participation in the Event and I release Run Ottawa Group and WAIVE ALL MY RIGHTS and CLAIMS with respect thereto.
I AGREE NOT TO SUE the Run Ottawa Group for any loss, injury, costs or damages of any form or types, howsoever caused or arising, and whether directly or indirectly from my participation in the Event.
I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY and to SAVE and HOLD HARMLESS the Run Ottawa Group, and each of them, from any litigation expense, legal fees, liability, damage, award or cost, of any form or type whatsoever, they may incur due to any claim made against them, or any of them, as a result of my participation in the Event whether the claim is based on the negligence or gross negligence of the Run Ottawa Group or otherwise.
I acknowledge the following:
- Run Ottawa has not designated a start or finish site for this virtual event;
- Run Ottawa has not defined a specific route that must be covered;
- No prizes will be awarded post event based on results posted by Sportstats;
- There will be no medical services provided to any runner;
- I will hydrate sufficiently prior to the run and hydrate regularly during the run;
- No support services, namely hydration/electrolyte replacement/energy supplements and artificial cooling methods (sponges, misting stations) will be provided in any fashion;
- Each participant will complete the virtual run based on personal preference and capability (pace, cadence, aerobic threshold); and
- Each participant is responsible for continuously monitoring exertion during the virtual run and the manner in which medical attention is sought.
I pledge to do the following in support of my participation in this virtual event:
- Practice ‘social distancing practices’ during all phases of my participation;
- Exercise generally accepted movement as pedestrians when running on streets and roadways; run facing traffic where sidewalks do not exist; utilize pathways; cross streets at traffic lights, crosswalks and refrain from jaywalking; and
- Carry a cell phone or other personal communication device during the virtual run.
I attest that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained for the completion of the Event. Furthermore, I hereby grant full permission to use my name and likeness, as well as any photographs and any record of the Event in which I may appear for any legitimate purpose, including advertising and promotion.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I AM GIVING UP CERTAIN SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE.
I SIGN THIS AGREEMENT VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT.
Signature of Participant Date
Printed Name of Participant
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINOR AGE (UNDER AGE 18 AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION)
ACKNOWLEDGMENT BY PARENT/GUARDIAN
I am the parent/guardian of the minor child/ward (hereinafter“Minor Child”) identified above having full legal responsibility for decisions regarding my Minor Child; and
I’m familiar with and accept, on behalf of myself and my Minor Child that there is the risk of serious injury and death in participation of running and in competitive running in particular; and
I have satisfied myself and believe that my Minor Child is physically, emotionally and mentally able to participate in the Event; and
I understand, and will instruct my Minor Child, that all applicable rules for participation in the Event must be followed and that at all times the sole responsibility for personal safety of my Minor Child remains with myself and my Minor Child.
I have read this Acknowledgment, Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability thoroughly and I understand all of the terms. I, on behalf of myself and my Minor Child, agree to be bound by all the terms of this Acknowledgement, Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability agreement in connection with my Minor Child’s participation in the Event. If, despite this agreement, I, or anyone on the minor’s behalf, makes a claim for Liability against the Run Ottawa Group, or any one of them, I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the from any such Liability which any may be incurred as the result of such claim as a result of my participation in the Event whether the claim is based on the negligence or gross negligence of the Run Ottawa Group or otherwise.
Parent/Guardian printed name______________________________