Run Ottawa’s 6@6 meets up with fellow run club Negative Splits
Every Wednesday, members of Run Ottawa get together for a 6K at 6pm (sometimes 6am!): we call it the 6@6. Sometimes that 6K stretches out to 7-7.5K but there’s always the option of holding at six.
We had a great turnout from both groups—including a number of #TeamAwesome members—and it was truly a gorgeous early spring evening for a run: the sun was shining bright as we headed west along the Ottawa River pathway, which is 99% clear of snow.
For a few of us, it was the first time getting out along that path—which is reason enough to celebrate!
A number of us runners run alone—often in an effort to fit it into our busy daily lives. So, the benefits of meeting up with a run group once a week are numerous, you not only get your daily exercise in, but you get to catch-up and learn a few new things about your fellow Ottawa runners:
- Run Ottawa Members Ingrid K. and Tom C. (not present last night) are heading to the 120th Boston Marathon startline on Monday (woo!)
- Noel Paine’s (@NoelPaine) grandmother was a fiery redhead that worked on spitfires in England during WW2.
- Doug D. (@DougSports4) and his wife are expecting on May 1! Congrats!
- Ashley G. (@47agoddard) got a course PB at this year’s Around the Bay.
- Bridget R. (@whereisbridget) and her partner really like to watch Major League Baseball.
- Several people are racing MEC’s RACE ONE on Saturday…have a great race everyone! Online registration is closed for this event but you can still register during bib pick-up.
— No Paine No Gain (@NoelPaine) April 13, 2016
— Run Ottawa (@runottawa) April 13, 2016
The Wednesday 6@6 is open to ALL runners—you do not have to be a member. Next week, we’ll be meeting at Lansdowne Park, Aberdeen Pavilion (East doors—in front of the Great Lawn), 6pm.