Green Tea Matcha Power Balls
Recipe by Kathy Smart
It’s back to school season, which means the days are more packed and some of us need a little added energy boost to get through our day, whether it’s to recover from your morning run, or get ready for an evening sports activity.
These Green Tea Matcha Power Balls from Kathy Smart are easy to pack when you are on the go and are packed with ingredients to help you power through.
- 1/2 cup of fresh Medjool Dates
- 1/2 cup of pistachios, sunflower seeds (if nut-free option is required) or almonds
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons of matcha powder, coconut flakes, crushed pistachios, and cacao nibs.
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a food processor until you can form a ball with your hands.
- Roll the Green Tea Matcha Power Balls into the matcha powder OR pistachios/sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, and cacao nibs. Pick the combination of flavors you enjoy most.
- Store in freezer until ready to serve.
Kathy Smart, Canadian Holistic Nutritionist of the Year for Canada, Best Selling Author and Dr. Oz Guest Shows us how to snack… smart!
Photo credit: Gord Weber