Easy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
What better way to keep warm and healthy during the cold dark winter months, than with a rich, hot bowl of soup? This broccoli cheddar soup from Kathy Smart has only six ingredients, but bursts with flavour!
The best part? Broccoli is chock full of calcium and protein, so you might as well have a second bowl!
- 2 broccoli bunches, tops and stems chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese, grated (or non-dairy shreds)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients, except the cheese, in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- When it comes to a boil, lower the heat to medium and allow it to simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
- Mash with a potato masher and add the cheese, sea salt and pepper. Stir and allow the cheese to melt before serving.
Wheat and Gluten Free • Nut Free • Egg Free • Vegetarian • Vegan (if using non-dairy shreds) • No Added Refined Sugars
Kathy Smart, HTC, PTS, RNC, RNCP, FIS, FKI, RSNA: With over 20 years experience in the health and wellness sectors, Kathy Smart has achieved many personal goals along with helping thousands to live their healthiest self. She has been named Canadian Holistic Nutritionist of the Year for Canada and is a five-time best selling author. She is the founder of Live The Smart Way TM as well as founder of the Live the Smart Way Expo TM.