Beet, Orange and Bocconcini Salad
Simple yet summer sweet. Beets are full of vitamins and minerals and most importantly they contain nitrate, which is found in large quantities in other vegetables such as spinach and arugula. This root vegetable can affect your run by converting nitrate into nitric oxide which has been shown to improve exercise tolerance and efficiency, improve blood flow, and lower blood pressure through its ability to relax and expand blood vessels. In this recipe, you get a double whammy of nitrate with both beets and arugula. Enjoy!
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 3 cara cara or navel oranges, peel and pith removed with a knife, sliced into rounds
- 3 cooked beets, sliced into rounds
- 200 g (1 pkg) Farm Boy™ Bocconcini Medallions, drained
- 2-3 Tbsp Farm Boy™ Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Farm Boy™ Fleur de Sel and black pepper to taste
- Divide arugula amongst 4 plates.
- Shingle beets, oranges, and cheese slices over arugula.
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel and black pepper.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Garnish with a few small arugula leaves.