Apple pancakes with warm apple cider sauce
Serves 3 – 4 people (makes 12 small pancakes)
- 2 cups Farm Boy™ Premium Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- ½ tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 ⅛ cups milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple finely chopped peeled
- 2 cups Farm Boy™ Apple Cider
- ⅓ cup sugar or more to taste
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Farm Boy™ cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a small bowl, combine pancake mix, cinnamon, milk and vanilla. Stir in apple.
- Portion batter onto oiled hot griddle; cook until bubbles form on top.
- Flip and cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, stir apple cider, sugar and cornstarch until smooth; add cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a boil and whisk until slightly thick, about 5 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until melted. Discard cinnamon sticks.
- Serve pancakes drizzled with warm syrup.