5-minute summer salads to brighten up dinner!
Easy, healthy & great for the full family
With no more than 5 ingredients and 5 minutes each, you can pull together these show-stopping summer salads that look gorgeous, taste fresh, and will impress anyone at your dinner table. The combinations of ingredients are classic and dynamic, they pair well with protein (especially BBQ-ed meats!), add brightness to your meal, and with a few finishing touches, they’ll look restaurant quality.
1. Zucchini + Parmesan Salad
- 3-4 zucchinis
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 Tbsp Farm Boy Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan finely grated, more to shave over the top
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Basil leaves
- Prepare dressing by blending oil, lemon juice, grated parmesan, salt and pepper
- Using a mandoline, thinly slice zucchinis
Pro tip: If you don’t have a mandoline, use a vegetable peeler to make ribbons out of the zucchinis.
- Toss zucchini with dressing, top with shaved parmesan and torn basil leaves
2. Pesto Caprese Salad
- Tomatoes, any variety. A mixture works well!
- Farm Boy Bocconcini
- Farm Boy Fresh Basil Pesto
- Farm Boy Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Extra basil, optional
- Salt to taste
- Chop tomatoes into bite-sized pieces, salt
- Tear bocconcini pieces in half or in thirds, salt
- Mix pesto with olive oil to thin it into a dressing consistency
- Combine tomatoes, bocconcini, pesto dressing.
- Top with torn basil
3. Roasted Red Pepper + Feta Salad
- Farm Boy Pickled Roasted Red Peppers
- Farm Boy Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Feta cheese
- Slice or tear red peppers into pieces and arrange on serving dish
- Squeeze lemon juice, drizzle olive oil
- Crumble feta on top