All media wishing to have access to restricted areas during the Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend require the proper credentials. To do this, please fill out the accreditation form.
This will give you access to:
- the onsite Media Room (located in City Hall; free wifi access under constant supervision)
- Start/Finish Lines
The medical centre is a restricted zone. No access will be granted to media for this area.
Media outlets planning to send a large crew are asked to provide:
- a designated newsroom contact person for inquiries,
- a full list (as accurate as possible) of those covering the event onsite, and
- the total number of passes required for camerapersons, photographers and reporters.
Please note, Run Ottawa will not reimburse travel or provide accommodations for any media covering the 2018 Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend.
Start and Finish Lines
- Only photographers and cameramen with proper accreditation are allowed inside the barricades at the Start and Finish Lines
- Reporters and producers can view the start and finish from a raised platform (Media area) outside the barricades
- The winners and all pros will head to the Media area immediately after the race to do scrum-like or one-on-one interviews with the media.
A media relations person will be on hand to help you identify the winners and ensure you get your interview.
- Reporters, photographers and cameramen with proper accreditation have access to the media vehicles ahead of the pro runners in the 10K and the marathon.
- Be at the Start Line 30 minutes prior to the start time (6pm for the 10K and 6:30am for the Marathon)
- 10K race – The media vehicle will leave with the women roughly 4 minutes before the men.