Spaghettini with Sesame Bok Choy
A fresh and nutritious stir-fry with classic Asian flavours that satisfies take-out cravings without all the extra sodium and calories!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) each minced garlic and ginger
- 1 lb (500 g) baby bok choy, quartered
- 2 cups (500 mL) halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) no salt added vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pkg (340 g) Catelli® Healthy Harvest® Ancient Grains Spaghettini
- 1 cup (250 mL) shelled edamame
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) each sliced green onion and chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted sesame seeds
Heat oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook garlic and ginger for 2 minutes. Add bok choy, tomatoes and yellow pepper; cook for 4 minutes. Pour in broth and soy sauce. Cook for 1 minute or until bok choy is tender.
Meanwhile, cook spaghettini according to package directions; drain well. Stir into skillet with edamame and sesame oil. Sprinkle with green onion, cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Shelled edamame can be found in the freezer section.
- Add cooked beef, chicken or shrimp, if desired.
- Calories per serving: 435
- Fat 12.5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 564mg
- Carbohydrates 71g
- Fibre 10g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 20g