Parking and Public Transportation
Parking is limited and all participants are encouraged to take the bus or walk to the expo and their race.
Parking is available under City Hall right at the start/finish area. Take the Metcalfe exit on HWY 417 and follow Metcalfe north. Turn right on Nepean Street and follow this directly into parking garage beneath City Hall.
Bike Parking at the Expo
There will be supervised bike parking at the Expo on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Leave your bike in a fenced supervised area rather than trying to find a free spot on the Expo stairs. Look for the pop-up tent across from the Expo (between Colonel By and the canal). This is a free service provided by the Nakkertok Racing Committee with a suggested $2 donation to help support the Nakkertok youth racing program.
Hours of Operation
- Thursday, May 22 (15:00 – 20:00)
- Friday, May 23 (9:00 – 20:00)
- Saturday, May 24 (8:00 – 16:00)
Alternative Parking is available at:
- World Exchange Building –FREE PARKING SATURDAY AND SUNDAY– Take the Metcalfe exit HWY 417 and follow Metcalfe north. Two blocks north of Laurier look for parking garage entrance – the entrance is at the corner of Albert St. and Metcalfe St. (limited parking due to construction)
- City Hall – 110 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1J1
- Rideau Centre – only a short walk over the Laurier Bridge to the race site at City Hall
- Vinci Park – 130 Slater St. (between O’Connor St. @ Metcalfe St.)
- Imperial Parking – 280 Slater st.
- Gilad Parking – 265 Laurier Ave.
- Capital Hill Hotel and Suites – 250 Albert St. @ Queen St. (near O’Connor St.)
Bike Parking City Hall
This is a free service for those participating, volunteering or spectating on Saturday and Sunday, provided by the Nakkertok Racing Committee. It is situated on Festival Plaza at City Hall, under the overhang just to the right of the entrance to the building. A suggested $2 donation to help support the Nakkertok youth racing program would be appreciated.
Hours of Operation
- Saturday, May 23 (1:00 – 8:30 p.m.)
- Sunday, May 24 (6:00 a.m. -2:00 p.m.)