Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon
Please note: the information below refers to the 2018 Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend. Check back soon for updates regarding 2019.
The Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon is Canada’s largest and fastest marathon. One of two IAAF Gold Label marathon events in Canada, the race attracts thousands of participants, including a world-class contingent of pro athletes every year. The Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon is one of Canada’s largest Boston Qualifiers.
Date and Time
Date: May 27, 2018 Start time: 7:00 a.m.
|Date||Regular Fee||Run Ottawa Member|
|Sept. 1 to Dec. 31||$105.00||$95.00|
|Jan. 1 to Mar. 31||$115.00||$105.00|
|Apr. 1 to May 23 (midnight)||$125.00||$115.00|
|Race Week (at Expo only)||$140.00||$130.00|
- Boston Marathon Qualifier
- The race is open to all runners and walkers.
- This event has a wave start with each corral sent off approximately every two minutes.
- Water stations every 3KMs and Xact Nutrition Stations at 14K and 26K.
- Misting stations at every water station.
- Toilets at every water station.
- Sponge stations at 16K, 25K and 36K.
- Full medical services on the route and at the finish line.
- There are no strollers allowed in this event.
- There is a time limit of 7 hours in this event.
- This race is broadcast live on TV and online.
- Male: Elius Kiptanui (Kenya) – 2:10:14
- Female: Guteni Imana (Ethiopia) – 2:30:18
- Male (2014): Yemane Tsegay (Ethiopia) – 2:06:54
- Female (2014): Tigist Tufa (Ethiopia) – 2:24:31
Please refer to Awards and Prizes for more details.
Visit our volunteering page for more information about volunteering opportunities and volunteer contact information.