Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon
The Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon is Canada’s largest and fastest marathon. One of two IAAF Gold Label marathon events in Canada, the race attracts thousands of participants, including a world-class contingent of pro athletes every year. The Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon is one of Canada’s largest Boston Qualifiers.
Date and Time
Date: May 27, 2018
Start time: 7:00 a.m.
Prices coming soon. Registration opens September 1, 2017.
|Sept 1 – Feb 15||Feb 16 – April 30|
|Regular Marathon Entry||TBD||TBD|
|Run Ottawa Member Entry||TBD||TBD|
Find out about the benefits of becoming a Run Ottawa Member.
- Boston Marathon Qualifier
- The race is open to all runners and walkers.
- This event has a wave start with each corral sent off approximately every two minutes.
- Water stations every 3KMs and PowerGel Stations at 14K and 26K.
- Misting stations at every water station.
- Toilets at every water station.
- Sponge stations at 16K, 25K and 36K.
- Full medical services on the route and at the finish line.
- There are no strollers allowed in this event.
- There is a time limit of 7 hours in this event.
- This race is broadcast live on TV and online.
- Male: Elius Kiptanui (Kenya) – 2:10:14
- Female: Guteni Imana (Ethiopia) – 2:30:18
- Male (2014): Yemane Tsegay (Ethiopia) – 2:06:54
- Female (2014): Tigist Tufa (Ethiopia) – 2:24:31
Please refer to Awards and Prizes for more details.
Visit our volunteering page for more information about volunteering opportunities and volunteer contact information.