Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon
2020 REGISTRATION begins in September 2019.
**All information, pricing and race notes are subject to change. Course map reflects 2019 race route.
The Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon is Canada’s largest and fastest marathon. One of two IAAF Gold Label marathon events in Canada, the race attracts thousands of participants, including a world-class contingent of pro athletes every year. The Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon is one of Canada’s largest Boston Qualifiers.
Date and Time
Date: May 24, 2020
Start time: 7:00 a.m.
Start location: Laurier and Elgin
|Date||Regular Fee||Run Ottawa Member|
|Sept. 1 to Nov. 30||$110.00||$100.00|
|Dec. 1 to Feb. 15||$120.00||$110.00|
|Feb. 16 to May 20||$130.00||$120.00|
|May 21 to May 25||$150.00||$140.00|
- Boston Marathon Qualifier
- The race is open to all runners and walkers.
- This event has a wave start with each corral sent off approximately every two minutes.
- Water stations every approximately 3KMs and Xact Nutrition Stations at 14K and 26K.
- Misting stations at every water station.
- Toilets at every water station.
- Sponge stations at 16K, 25K and 36K.
- Full medical services on the route and at the finish line.
- There are no strollers allowed in this event.
- There is a time limit of 7 hours in this event.
- This race is broadcast live on TV and online.
- Male: Albert Korir (Kenya) – 2:08:03
- Female: Tigist Girma (Ethiopia) – 2:26:34
- Male (2014): Yemane Tsegay (Ethiopia) – 2:06:54
- Female (2018): Gelete Burka (Ethiopia) – 2:22:17
Please refer to Awards and Prizes for more details.
Visit our volunteering page for more information about volunteering opportunities and volunteer contact information.