Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon
The Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon is Canada’s largest and fastest marathon. One of two IAAF Gold Label marathon events in Canada, the race attracts thousands of participants, including a world-class contingent of pro athletes every year. The Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon is one of Canada’s largest Boston Qualifiers.
Date and Time
Date: May 26, 2019
Start time: 7:00 a.m.
|Date||Regular Fee||Run Ottawa Member|
|Sept. 1 to Nov. 30||$110.00||$100.00|
|Dec. 1 to Feb. 15||$120.00||$110.00|
|Feb. 16 to May 20||$130.00||$120.00|
|May 21 to May 25||$150.00||$140.00|
- Boston Marathon Qualifier
- The race is open to all runners and walkers.
- This event has a wave start with each corral sent off approximately every two minutes.
- Water stations every approximately 3KMs and Xact Nutrition Stations at 14K and 26K.
- Misting stations at every water station.
- Toilets at every water station.
- Sponge stations at 16K, 25K and 36K.
- Full medical services on the route and at the finish line.
- There are no strollers allowed in this event.
- There is a time limit of 7 hours in this event.
- This race is broadcast live on TV and online.
- Male: Yemane Tsegay (Ethiopia) – 2:08:52
- Female: Gelete Burka (Ethiopia) – 2:22:17
- Male (2014): Yemane Tsegay (Ethiopia) – 2:06:54
- Female (2018): Gelete Burka (Ethiopia) – 2:22:17
Please refer to Awards and Prizes for more details.
Visit our volunteering page for more information about volunteering opportunities and volunteer contact information.