Media outlets planning to send a large crew are asked to provide a designated newsroom contact person for inquiries, a full list (as accurate as possible) of those covering the event onsite, and the total number of passes required for camerapersons, photographers and reporters.
Please note, Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend will not reimburse travel or provide accommodations for any media covering the 2014 Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend.
Access to the Media Center, Start/Finish Lines, and Media Vehicles is limited to accredited media.
- Only photographers and cameramen with proper accreditation are allowed inside the barricades at the Finish Line
- Reporters and producers can view the finish from a raised platform (Media area) outside the barricades
- The winners and all elites will head to the Media area immediately after the race to do scrum-like or one-on-one interviews with the media.
A media relations person will be on hand to help you identify the winners and ensure you get your interview.
- Reporters, photographers and cameramen with proper accreditation (blue and green stickers) have access to the media vehicles for the 10K and the marathon.
- Be at the Start Line 30 minutes prior to the start time (6pm for the 10K and 6:30am for the Marathon)
- 10K race – The media vehicle will leave with the women roughly 4 minutes before the men. The media vehicle will not cross the Finish Line; however, media will be dropped off near the Finish Line and will have time to make their way to capture the finish.
- Marathon – The media vehicle will not cross the Finish Line; however, media will be dropped off near the Finish Line and will have time to make their way to capture the finish.