Eat and Run: Summer Salad of Sweet Peas, Mint, Grilled Chicken and Goat’s Cheese
This salad is packed with fresh, clean flavours that make it perfect for a summer dinner on the back deck. It can function as a side or a main, depending on your hunger level. And it’s the opposite of a heavy dish, so terrific if you’re looking to fuel up but also want to remain light on your feet when you’re out on your next run!
This month’s recipe sourced from gofasterfood.com.
- chicken breasts, free-range
- 2 large slices sourdough bread
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil (to rub into chicken and bread) tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 300g shelled or frozen peas, defrosted
- 150g sugar snap peas, sliced into two, on a slant
- 2 baby gem lettuces, leaves separated and roughly torn up
- 40g pea shoots
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Grated zest of half a lemon
- 75g crumbled soft goat’s cheese or feta cheese
- Open out the chicken breasts, cover with a piece of cling film and flatten a little with a rolling pin. Remove the cling film, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and brush each side with a little olive oil.
- Bring the griddle or grill to a high heat and cook the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Set aside while you arrange the salad.
- Brush both sides of the sourdough bread with olive oil. Place on the griddle or grill for a minute or so on each side until nicely golden brown. Remove and rub gently with the garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice with a pinch of sea salt and the olive oil.
- Blanch the peas and the sugar snaps for a couple of minutes in boiling water and drain. Pour the peas and sugar snaps into a mixing bowl and combine with the dressing, the chopped mint, lettuce, pea shoots, lemon zest and a good pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roughly break up the sourdough bread and slice the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Transfer to a serving dish, top with the crumbled goat’s cheese, the chicken and the sourdough. Scatter with a few more mint leaves and serve immediately.
Energy 283 kcal