Congratulations to all the finishers of the 2014 Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend and thank you for taking part in this record-breaking year. A special thank you to all the volunteers, spectators, sponsors and partners who make this an event that is loved by so many.
Some highlights from the weekend:
- A record-breaking 46,666 people took part in six events.
- Yemane Tsegay of Ethiopia ran 2:06:53 to break the men’s course record at the Scotiabank Ottawa Marathon and set the record for fastest marathon on Canadian soil.
- Tigist Tufa of Ethiopia broke the women’s marathon course record in 2:24:31
- Two-time London Marathon champ Mary Keitany of Kenya broke the Lowertown Brewery Ottawa 10K record in 31:21:7.
- Participants raised over $620,000 for charity.